Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving of Thanks.

Thanksgiving 2011.
I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is already here this year! It seems like this year has flown by! Last Thanksgiving we spent with Brian's family, so this year we spent it with mine. It was our year where all my dad's side of the family gets together and has a huge dinner. I LOVE IT. We did it up in Preston at my aunt and uncles. Their house is a party house so it was easy to accommodate all 30 of us. We basically spend the day eating, then eating some more, then watching football, playing games, eating pie, swimming in their indoor pool, playing video games, watching movies in their theater room, cousins chasing each other, screaming, laughing, and sleeping! I've never been a huge fan of Thanksgiving because it's always seemed like a weird concept to me. We celebrate how grateful we are by eating a bunch of food. Don't get me wrong, I love food. And i love being thankful, i've just never really got it I guess. Anyway, I do LOVE Thanksgiving because there is NOTHING better than spending a nice long relaxing day with the people I love most and stuffing my face.
Well, the break is over and now it's back to reality. I was so NOT excited to go back to work today. Tomorrow i "get" to go to school. 2 weeks. 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS!!!! Two weeks and this semester will be OVER!
December is going to be CRAZY!!! Finals, My sister flys in from Vegas, My Brother comes home from his mission, Derek's homecoming, Dad's Birthday, Christmas, My birthday, Christmas parties (work and family), New years eve........etc. etc. etc...... But i'm excited :) Gotta love the end of the year. Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to lately, including Thanksgiving.

Christmas crafting has begun! My red tree didn't turn out so well, haha oh well!

Kenley and her punch. She's crazy, but i love her :)

Foooood.

Thanksgiving dinner

Thanksgiving swimming

Sitting by the pool before my cousins decided it would be fun to spray water at me. I left. Wet.

My dad talking to 2 of his brothers. Same mannerisms. Holy cow.
My mom playing Rockband with us! She was actually pretty good for a beginner ;)


Mr. and Mrs. Nielson, Thanksgiving 2011. What a cutie Brian is....

Can't wait to take lots of pictures in December!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment