Monday, August 6, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding....

It happened! Camille and Cameron are married! They got married Wednesday, 8/1/2012 and can I just say it was amazing?! It began as a crazy day, I had a final that conflicted with the ceremony time, so thankfully my teacher was kind enough to move the time up for me! I got to the Brigham City campus at 10:30 am as planned and go figure, my teacher forgot about me... so I had to wait around for an HOUR for my teacher to show up and give me the test. (100 questions, 45 minutes, nbd) Luckily, everything after that went very smoothly. (Other than a 3-block nightmare car ride with Camille's brothers which resulted in melted ice cream on my clothes, my hair in my ice cream, a dead wasp in my lap, and a whole bunch of screams and possibly expletives coming from my little mouth). When I got to the church, I met Camille and her mom in the bridal room and "helped" Camille get ready. (let's get real, I didn't do much) I also met the reverend who gave me directions on what and where to read my part in the ceremony. I had the privilege of reading an excerpt from The Song of Solomon during the ceremony. I must say though, the hardest/most emotional part of the entire day was when Camille asked me to help her zip up her dress in the other room. It was the first time I saw her in her dress and I about lost it. It was just the two of us. We had a sweet little BFF moment where I was so choked up and teary eyed I thought I might just sit down and bawl uncontrollably. We just spend a minute hugging and crying and living in the moment. It's a day we've talked about and dreamed about for so long. I really don't think I even got that emotional at my OWN wedding!! I know I totally sound like we are lesbian lovers or something crazy, but there is something so special about a best friend. Someone who has been through the ups and downs with you, someone who knows you better than anyone in the world. We have been through our whole hormonal teenage years together. Unexpected deaths, cancer, breakups, insecurities, sleepovers, tears of sadness and tears of joy. Friends will come and go. Some will choose different courses in their lives and leave you in the dust. Some will forget about you. But if you're really lucky, you will have a best friend who will stick with you during the good times and the bad. I consider myself to be one of the luckiest girls in the world because when I was 8, I found my best friend! Congratulations Milligans, I could not be more happy and proud of you! Love you! 



The beautiful bride on her wedding day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment