Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sweets and Cents.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am the queen of treats, and that I am about as mature as a 10 year old. When I was a youngster my mom said I would eat ALL my halloween or parade candy in one day. Not to mention, I never once got sick. So it's no surprise that I still haven't changed. I love treats of any shape or kind. This weekend Brian and I had quite a few I just had to share! First, we visited Pink's Shaved Ice in Smithfield, UT. I have heard so many good things about it, so naturally as we were driving through Smithfield I made Brian stop. And boy, we did not regret it! I chose the Strawberry Shortcake (Wedding cake flavoring with fresh strawberries and cream), while Brian opted for our usual Black Raspberry Cheesecake with Cream.  Both were amazing! I would highly recommend it to anyone who may be in the area. After that (yes the SAME day) we hung out with our friends the Jensen's. Naturally we were bored and had nothing to do so we decided to hit up Angie's for some dessert. (It wasn't even my idea but LIKE i'm going to turn down anything with sugar) So we both ordered a Brownie Sundae and they were amazing as well. Unfortunately I was unable to even put a dent in the thing. It was HUGE!! 
Anyway, last but not least, this weekend we had the opportunity to meet up with Brian's aunt Kaylene, her two daughters, son in law, and her adorable little grand baby. Brian has always looked up to his aunt SO much and would do anything for her. I have always heard the nicest things about her and without her, Brian probably wouldn't be who he is today. They live in the Provo area so we met up with them for dinner at Olive Garden. It was so great to see them and catch up with them. On our way home, Brian's best friend Daren and his wife Lindsay asked us what we were doing, they live in Ogden so we stopped to see them on our way home. One thing led to the next and we met up at Nickelcade and partied like we were 10 again. It was so much fun, I don't think I've been that excited about something so simple in a long time! Below are a few pictures from this last week. Enjoy!

Pink's! 

Adam and Mari with their Brownie Sundae

One Brownie Sundae..... NOM NOM NOM

mmmmm

Best Friends at the Nickelcade 

Of course we had to get a Cinnamon Roll at IKEA.

The Linds(a/e)ys with our bundle of tickets. We had a blast!!!
We are so blessed to be able to spend time together with friends and family this summer. I wouldn't trade it for the world!!
-Lindsey Anne.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I miss you guys!! I don't know how you do the sweets - I can't handle it! :) I hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete