Friday, November 30, 2012

"Storms make trees take deeper roots"..... -Dolly Parton

I've had a lot on my mind AGAIN. I've been stressed out of my mind and luck has been anything but on my side. It's been a rough couple weeks between a series of events. Mainly because of finals, but also because of everything else in LIFE in general. I know this is supposed to be one of the best times in my life, but somedays I have a hard time seeing through the clouds.
Thanksgiving was decent as always. I'm not a huge "eater", if you will. I never have been, so I wouldn't say Thanksgiving has ever been my FAVORITE holiday. But it is one that I am incredibly grateful for. And the timing couldn't have been better this year.
This month I shared President Uchtdorf's message at conference titled "Of Regrets and Resolutions" for my visiting teaching. Between this and some other things that have been going on in other's lives, it made me realize just how grateful I truly am for everything I have, and how even if I am getting the worst grades of my life (please don't judge me. working full time and going to school full time is kicking my butt!) This too shall pass! Hopefully sooner than later.
So, even though I about burst into tears yesterday mid-class, and have spent over 30 hours this week so far on campus, and failed an accounting test, and am still working on a 20 page paper and a 6 page paper, and final projects, and finals........ There is more to life than worrying about the moment.
I have my health, family, friends, husband, an education, a warm house, a bed, luxuries of life, a job, incredible co-workers, and of course the gospel. Knowing that there is something more to this life both during and after this life brings comfort that doesn't compare to any other.
TWO MORE WEEKS. Until then, I'm going to try and enjoy every breath I have. You never know when it may be your last.



No comments:

Post a Comment