Monday, February 6, 2012

End of DECEMBER and JANUARY

The month of December was crazy busy! And i am so glad to have it over with. The holidays were wonderful as always. We finally got a family picture (although not planned or coordinated at ALL) as you can see below. I stick out like a sore thumb. Oh well.... It's better than nothing! You can also see my dad's new purchase which he proudly displayed in the back of our family photo. a 1950 Chevy. My dad's new pride and joy! We haven't had a full family picture in years seeing as my brother has been gone for the past 2 years and my sister lives in another state. So it was quite an accomplishment regardless of me looking like a ripe avocado.
My dad's birthday was on Dec. 18th, which also happened to be Derek's homecoming. After church we had a big lunch with the family and friends. Then after everyone had left we hung out for a bit then had my grandparents over for my dad's b-day party. We did the traditional cake and ice cream and chat with the grandparentals. My grandpa is probably my favorite person in the world! Below is a picture of him telling me and my sister some of his stories from Mexico back in his day. My great grandpa was born in Mexico and my grandpa went on his mission there. So he had all sorts of stories for us. He is such an incredible person and his stories and wit never cease to amaze me! He loves to tease me but I like to think I adopted my sense of humor from him so I just laugh along. I always make lame jokes to him and he just laughs and tells me I'm an idiot. *Like my swallow joke I told him on my birthday* Some of my favorite sayings by him would probably be-
* "Eat your dessert first! That way you know you have room for it!"
* Me-Grandpa how tall are you? G- "Tall enough for my feet to touch the ground!"
* Said to me, "Where did they find you? Under a rock?"
Haha... He is a gem.
After Christmas was my birthday on the 29th. I turned 23. eeee! I'm getting old! I didn't do anything crazy for my birthday but it was nice to have a day off! I got to go to Firehouse for lunch (which I am so obsessed with right now) and for dinner we went to my parents house where my mom made me a delicious dinner complete with sweet potatoes. (another obsession right now) It also rained which has never happened in my life, and being that i LOVE rain it was quite a pleasant surprise :)
For new years we went to a friends party in Brigham City and partied with our Vivint friends who I haven't seen for quite a while! It was a good time!
January began and brought the beginning of a new semester. :P
Brian is taking online classes this semester in hopes to travel more for work. I am taking 13 credits including Management Information Systems, International economics, Business Communications, and Statistics. It's definitely keeping me busy between going to class 3 days a week, homework, and working 25-30 hours a week as well! So far things have been working out, I'm just hoping I can survive until May!
January 20th was Brian's Birthday! He turned 25. Unfortunately I had school and work that day so Brian had to hang out by himself until I got home. We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (Brian's favorite) and just hung out. It also rained on Brian's birthday. Another crazy coincidence this winter.
Another side note, my dad was also FINALLY released as the bishop of our homeward a couple weeks ago. We are excited for him to have a little more free time in his life!
Here are a few pictures from the last few months!







No comments:

Post a Comment