The theme of today was discouragement..... a few things have happened recently that have put me in a down mood. However, today at church we talked about trials and dealing with disappointments in life. I found it kind of ironic because on my way out to church at my parents I listened to that new song "what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger" and it really made me think about how true that is. I am so grateful for trials and tribulations that strengthen me. I pondered for a bit about how life was so easy when I was a kid. I had an amazing childhood!! Small town, swimming in the river, pond, 4-wheeling with the girls at the track in the lower field, making "houses" out of hay bales, walking through fields to get to each others houses just to sit and talk about nothing. I miss that. I miss how life was so simple and my biggest worry of my day was whether or not I'd get my chores done that day so I could go play! When I got a little older things changed, a little at a time. I lost my cousin unexpectedly at 17 and it really made me realize that life was going to throw a curve ball or two. I've grown so much over the last few years, and for that I am grateful. However, it's never over. Life is a constant struggle of trials and overcoming them. One set of scriptures particularly helped me today. 2 Nephi 4:19-24. I've always joked that I'm so fidgety and ADD all day long, that my prayers have to be answered while I'm asleep. But I truly have a testimony that the Lord sends answers when we need them. I look back and think of everything that helped me get through some of my hardest trials, and most of them have been dreams. Dreams that I'm re-united with my cousin in heaven, where he is so happy and I'm so happy and everything makes sense. Then I wake up and realize everything will be okay and I'd get through the day knowing that he is in a better place. Getting through that has helped me continue to have hope that I can conquer any challenge thrown my way. Things are going to be hard the next few years and probably for the rest of my life, but I'm strong and I know I will be fine. I have such amazing family and friends, and an incredible and supporting husband. I truly don't know what I'd do without them!
All I know is that the suns gonna rise on a better day :)
All I know is that the suns gonna rise on a better day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment