Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Here and Now
Summer is here!!! Yay! I would be a little more excited if that didn't mean 30+ hrs of work and two summer classes and a lab every week! :P but what do you do? I've been staying so busy, but I guess I can't complain! Brian and I also got new callings last month. I am a relief society teacher and Brian is helping with building maintenance when he is home! I have never taught anyone, anything, a day in my life so it will definitely be a good learning experience for me. I taught my first lesson on Sunday about revelation. It was so good for me because I think I learned more than anyone else. I for one can definitely say how incredibly grateful I am that prayers are answered. I've had too many times in my life where I have been comforted immensely by scriptures, words, dreams and feelings of peace when I needed them most. As much as I hate speaking in front of people, (seeing how I passed out when I was in high school after giving a presentation) it will definitely help me learn and grow and for that I am thankful! Other than work, school, church callings, and taking care of everything that my husband need done in the 1-2 days he's home every week, Nothing too exciting is happening in our lives. But I am LOVING this time in my life. I think too often I say "I can't wait until..... We have a house, we're done with school...etc etc" but I really am content! I know there are a lot of people out there judging Brian and I for the work decisions we have made. However luckily for them they are OUR decisions and OUR sacrifices. Life is not a walk in the park and I'm a firm believer that things are possible in life but require sacrifice. We have had to work hard for everything we have in our lives and I am proud of us for not having mommy and daddy to pay for our every little desire! It has taught us to work, save, invest, plan, and sacrifice. I am so looking forward for what's next, but I'm loving today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment